Thought for the Day

"I love to think of nature as an unlimited broadcasting station, through which God speaks to us every hour, if we only will tune in."
- George Washington Carver

Search This Blog

Monday 29 March 2010

Much To Do

It seems like there are never enough hours in the day. The last couple of weeks have been pretty hectic with a lot of time in the field filming Frogs spawning, and birds singing, displaying, mating, nest-building or just sitting on nests. Underwater filming in the frog pools was largely unsuccessful due to poor visibility in the water and the shallowness of the pools and filming at a local Heronry involved a lot of standing around whilst the birds just sat around waiting for their partners. We have also had some changeable weather. Gusting Arctic winds prevented me getting any really useful Lapwing and Curlew footage this weekend, and now the rain has arrived. I have lots of material shot over the last few months, that I have yet to fashion into watch-able pieces but creating the music is slowing me down a little. I'm working on a traditional Welsh tune at the moment, to use with some material that I shot on Anglesey in December. Some nice Buzzard and Turnstone clips. Once this is nailed down, I can move on to the Frog material. Lesser-spotted Woodpecker and Yellowhammer pieces are waiting in the wings and I hope to be filming Toads in a day or two...Watch this space.....

No comments:

Post a Comment